Community Owned Federal Credit Union offers membership:
- Members of The Citizens’ Committee of Charleston County, South Carolina, who qualify for membership in accordance with its constitution and bylaws as of the effective date of this charter, pay $1.00 annual dues, and live in Charleston County, South Carolina;
- Members of International Longshoremen’s Association – Local #1422 in Charleston, South Carolina, who qualify for membership in accordance with its charter and bylaws in effect on June 16, 1936; (App. 09/22/03)
- Spouses of persons who died while within the field of membership of this credit union; employees of this credit union; persons retired as pensioners or annuitants from the above employment; members of the immediate family or household; and organizations of such persons.”
In order to become a member, the following is required:
- Your social security number
- Driver’s License or Government-issued ID
- Current Address – your previous address is required if at current address for less than two years
Once eligibility is established, there is a one time, non-refundable membership fee of $10.00 to join, and a minimum deposit of $50.00 to a primary savings account.
Community Owned Federal Credit Union is dedicated to improving our members’ lives by offering a wide variety of products and services. Our goal is to save members time and money while providing the best financial option for you and your family.